What are the symptoms you may have?
Due to the inflammation caused, the most common symptom you may feel is that of pain, which intensifies when pressure is applied to the area.
- everyday movement can get restricted
- a dull, constant pain while you are sitting
- pain originating from the centre of your pelvis area and radiating outwards
- lower abdominal pain, again originating from the pelvic area
- pain when running, twisting, turning, kicking or lying on your side
- pain during activities such as walking, climbing stairs, coughing, or sneezing. While walking, the pain could be so severe that it could impact your gait. If you suffer with osteitis pubis, you may appear to walk with a waddle to minimize the pain
- you may even sense a click and a pop when shifting positions
Meet our clinic team
Learn about your consultant surgeons, specialist sports and exercise medicine and the rest of the multi-disciplinary team that will be a part of your recovery journey.