What are the symptoms you may have?
Pilonidal sinus may start of as a small depression in the skin with no noticeable symptoms. Once infected, however, the depression develops into a cyst or abscess.
- experience severe pain when sitting or standing
- pain and swelling of the lesion
- redness and a sore skin around the area
- pus or blood draining from the abscess, this leading to a foul odor
- hair protruding from the cyst
- fever (very rare)
- formation of more than one sinus tract
Meet the team
Learn more about our team of consultant colorectal surgeons and the rest of your care team.