Prior to you Contrast Enhanced Mammogram (CEM) appointment we urge you to please eat and drink as you would do normally. For any mammogram examination, you will be asked to undress to the waist. In order to make it easier for you, we recommend you to either wear a skirt or a trouser instead of a dress.
Furthermore, we do request you to please telephone the department prior to your appointment if you:
- Would require additional support to attend your screening appointment. This would include if you have a learning disability or mobility issue
- Have breast implants
- Are currently breastfeeding or are pregnant
- Have had a previous allergic reaction to contrast imaging
- Have a problem with your kidney
- Are diabetic or are taking metformin