FRCS (Tr & Orth) MSc (Trauma Surgery) MAcadMeD AICSM BSc (Hons) MBBS
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
Mr Alun Yewlett is an experienced Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon specialising in shoulder and elbow surgery and is a high-volume arthroplasty surgeon. He has been a part of the 108 Harley Street family since 2019.
Graduating with a first-class honours’ degree from Imperial College London in 2004 and completed his Higher Surgical Training on the Welsh rotation. In addition to his surgical qualifications, he obtained a higher degree in Trauma Surgery for which he won the award for outstanding performance and his dissertation was on complex elbow fractures.
He underwent further specialist training in shoulder and elbow surgery both nationally and internationally and was awarded the national BESS Leadership fellowship award in 2015. Mr Yewlett believes in good quality research to underpin clinical decision making and collects PROMS data for all of his patients and regularly audits his outcomes and performance against national standards. He uses published evidence to inform his decision-making process and will only suggest a surgical solution for a problem when there is no better non-surgical alternative. He was awarded the national BESS Pump Priming Grant award in 2018 for the Consentplus project for shoulder and elbow arthroplasty.
Areas of Specialist Interest
- carpal tunnel
- complex upper limb trauma – particular interest in terrible triads of the elbow and ACJ dislocations
- comprehensive arthroscopic management
- elbow arthroscopy – post traumatic capsular releases, tennis elbow release
- one stop shoulder ultrasound clinic and “mi eye” – office based diagnostic arthroscopic dynamic assessment
- release of stiff elbow
- revision elbow replacement
- rotator cuff surgery
- shoulder arthroplasty – – stabilisations, cuff repairs, sad and acj excisions, capsular releases
- shoulder pain
- shoulder replacement surgery
- stabilisation of unstable elbows
- total elbow replacement
- trigger finger treatment
- ulnar nerve release surgery
- wide awake surgery