There are some cases when a CEM examination may not be suitable:
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding
- Allergic to Iodine
- Known kidney disease (including kidney transplant)
- Presence of Diabetes
- Currently taking Metformin
- Inability to tolerate mammogram because of physical problems
- Inability to give informed consent
- A very small number of people may be allergic to iodine, which is present in the contrast we use.
- In very rare cases, the dye used can also affect the kidneys.
Prior to your test, our clinical team will conduct a thorough risk assessment. This is to confirm no past allergic reactions while also checking for any risk factors.
Our consultant advice
Meet the team
Learn more about our team of consultants and the rest of your care team.